We just published the new version of Famous Jews by Heebz. We took the old static site and gave it a bit of database-backed functionality using Ruby on Rails. It now ranks #1 on Google for "Famous Jews".
- fuzzy autocomplete "search" box - uses n-grams and is very fast.
- jquery and blueprint "frameworks"
- list sort with cookie storage and re-sort
- restful_authentication and rspec
- served by Phusion Passenger (mod_rails)
- mod_rewrite (yes, it works fine with Passenger) and RewriteMap to 301 redirect users and bots to the new friendly URLs
- staging and production environments are on the same Linux VPS, deployed by Capistrano
- Development using the Netbeans IDE
- better design and logo
- public list sort "voting" via ajax (we already wrote the sort algorithms)
- upgrade authorization system from role_requirement (for admins, etc.)
- forum and wikis per category and name
- photo/video pulling system
- Paypal API integration for subscriptions
- tagging system to replace(?) categories
- spiders to find additional data
- Facebook App(s)
Any suggestions or requests?